The goal of PrisonHandbook.com is to:
- Provide people with as much practical information about prisons, jails, and correctional facilities, and the living conditions therein, as possible.
- Provide an objective forum for the discussion of specific prisons and jails in the form of comments and reviews of facilities by inmates who have been incarcerated in them.
- Provide information and support to the family and friends of convicted criminals to help them navigate the system so that they can be an effective part of that inmates rehabilitation, education, and reintegration into society.
- Laws are the foundation of civilized society.
- Everyone has the right to live their lives free from being victimized, and in a society free of crime.
- Everyone is innocent until proven guilty.
- Our local, state, and federal law enforcement, judicial system, and correctional system officials and employees work hard to make America safe, and should be commended for their efforts.
- Criminals should be punished.
- Punishments should fit the crime.
- Criminals who are incarcerated should be treated humanely.
- Our penal system should include a rehabilitative component that works to educate and rehabilitate criminals, and reintegrate them into society.
- People are inherently good, and should be given a chance to redeem themselves.
MOST POPULAR LINKS:
- Mugshot Removal
- How to Find a Bail Bondsman
- How to Find an Attorney
- How to Do a Prison Inmate Search
- How to Visit an Inmate in Federal Prison
August 27, 2018 UPDATE
In our never-ending quest to expand and improve PrisonHandbook.com, we regularly audit the entire site for errors, accuracy, and completeness. In the preceding weeks and days leading up to August 27, 2018 – every page on PrisonHandbook.com has been reviewed, fact-checked, and updated with newly verified and up-to-date information. Every facility, phone number, address and website link has been individually checked and verified for accuracy with information from the official sources.
All of this information is freely available elsewhere – on public government websites, and on the websites of local law enforcement agencies and correctional facilities, PrisonHandbook.com collects all of this information from all of these different resources – and presents them here in one convenient resource.
INFORMATION SOURCE: All of the data and information presented on PrisonHandbook.com is public information and was sourced from public records, the websites of local law enforcement agencies and correctional facilities, individual research by phone calls, and entered onto the website by the dedicated volunteer staff of PrisonHandbook.com. Additionally, lots of this information was also collected and submitted by the users and visitors to PrisonHandbook.com.
COPYRIGHT: PrisonHandbook.com respects the copyright of others and makes every effort to publish only publicly available and non-copyrighted information and material. If you find any information on PrisonHandbook.com that is copyrighted please notify the admin of the site and that information will be removed and the matter reviewed so that it does not happen again. Contact the PrisonHandbook.com Admin
INFORMATION ACCURACY: We make every effort to ensure that the information provided is accurate and up to date. If you find any information that is incorrect or out of date, please use the contact form to let us know. If possible – please include the correct information so we can update the website.
IMPORTANT: PrisonHandbook.com is an independent website and is not affiliated with any prisons, jails, law enforcement agencies, or any government agencies.
This page was last updated on August 27, 2018 at 6:36 AM.